Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy Weekend

This weekend was a long on for sure. I had two cakes to make. One was designed at tiger print and the other one had a Disney Cars theme.

This cake was a homemade white cake with strawberry filling covered in a layer of vanilla buttercream frosting and then covered with homemade marshmallow fondant.  I died the fondant orange until I got the color I wanted and also dyed another proportion of the fondant black. I made the tail using the two different colors of fondant.



This was the Disney Car cake that I created. I used a flat sheet of chocolate cake to create the car, which I carved to look like Lighting McQueen. The car cake was chocolate cake with buttercream filling. The round cake was homemade white cake with strawberry filling covered in vanilla buttercream and marshmallow fondant. This was the first cake that I have ever created by carving the cake into the shape I desired. I was extremely happy with how this cake turned out. Both cakes were alot of work. But I enjoyed making both of them and had help from a close friend on the Cars cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment